3 Ways to Vote
1. Vote by mail
The deadline to request a ballot be mailed to you is May 29. You can still vote early in person. See below.
If you already have a vote-by-mail ballot, and need to return it, we suggest you drop it off at one of our convenient Drop Boxes:
- 701 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, in front of the County Government Center
- 212 Church Street, Santa Cruz, public parking lot
- 1 Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley City Hall parking lot
- 420 Capitola Avenue, Capitola City Hall parking lot
- 316 Rodriguez Street, Watsonville public parking lot 14
- UCSC Quarry Plaza, next to the Bookstore
- Graham Hill and Mt. Herman Rd, Felton Covered Bridge Park Parking Lot
- Cabrillo College parking lot L
Or drop it off at any polling place on Election Day.
If you are returning your ballot by mail, we suggest you mail it before Wednesday, May 30.
Ballots postmarked on or before Tuesday, June 5, and received by the elections official by the third day after the election will be considered received on time. The deadline for ballots postmarked on or before June 5 is Friday, June 8.
However, voters should be aware that mail delivery is taking anywhere from 3 to 10 days, so voters are encouraged to mail their ballots no later than Wednesday, May 30.
Click here for more information on how to return your vote-by-mail ballot.
2. Vote early in person
You may vote early at two locations
May 7 - June 5
Santa Cruz County Elections Department
701 Ocean St., Room 210, Santa Cruz
Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
Watsonville City Clerk’s Office
275 Main St., 4th Floor (6th floor of the parking garage)
Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
Both locations will also be open
Saturday and Sunday, June 2-3, 9am to 5pm
3. Vote at the polls in person
Polls are open on Election Day:
June 5, from 7am to 8pm
The location of your polling place is printed on the back cover of your Sample Ballot and Voter Information Guide mailed to all registered voters in early May.
Or, you can look up your polling place:
At the polling place, you can vote using a paper ballot or a touchscreen ballot.
How to vote a paper ballot.
How to vote an electronic "touch screen" ballot.
Click here for a list of all polling places in Santa Cruz County.